If you’re breathing, chances are that you’ve got a few problems. This is my go-to list of things that may help you to get your mind off of them.
1. Yoga– Yoga is a fantastic way to get troubles off your mind. Just focusing on breathing and the movement of your body can help greatly when life becomes too much to think about.
2. Being Social– Most of the time, meeting new people can help take your mind off of the ones who cause you trouble. Or, even a simple guy’s or girl’s night out can really help!
3. Volunteer Work– Helping others looks great on a college resume, feels great for the soul, and can keep you so busy that you forget about nearly everything else.
4. Look Up a Recipe and Cook Some Healthy Food– Not only does this keep you busy but it also keeps you healthy!
5. Create a Playlist to Jam Out to Just for When You’re Sad– One cannot describe how much Boys Like Girls has helped the person typing this forget about the world outside with her make believe microphone (a.k.a my hairbrush).
7. Look for Something New and Try it– Who knows, you may discover something you love.
8. Get Involved in an After School Activity– Or try to start one! You’ll meet lots of great people and will have something to look forward to at least once a week.
9. Learn How to Play a Song– Maybe on the drums, piano, or guitar. Honestly, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that music helps with nearly everything, so it’s good to try to learn it!
10. Look Up Online Tutorials and Get Crafty– Making things like t-shirts, necklaces, and even videos can be a lot of fun! Creativity is always the best outlet for your emotions. Why not give it a go?!