We don’t have to tell you that suicide is a big deal. If you’re under 25, there’s a good chance that you know someone who has felt so desperate that they’ve thought about taking their own life. You may know someone who has tried. Or maybe you are a suicide attempt survivor yourself.
You’ve all heard that it gets better (and it does!) but we want to talk about how we can make it better now.
We’re looking for people who have a unique and compassionate voice to be a part of the Summer 2015 You Matter Blogger Council.
If you’re between 13-24 and are passionate about suicide prevention and mental health, we want you to apply. You’ll write one post each week from June 1st to August 31st. Plus, you’ll have the chance to interact with our community and will participate in monthly video chat with your fellow You Matter Blogger Council members. Did we mention that this is an excellent resume booster for future college and job applications?!
To apply, please do the following:
- Make sure you like the You Matter Facebook page, if you don’t already.
- Send an e-mail to Ashley Womble at [email protected] with the following information:
- How you learned about You Matter
- Why you’d be a great You Matter blogger
- Your name, hometown, age and contact info (along with your parent’s contact info if you are under 18)
- What you are doing with your life right now (school, work, snapchat?)
- What topic(s) would you most like to write about on the blog
- A sample post of 300-500 words that shows off your voice and writing style
Applications are due by May 20th, so hurry up and apply! Have questions? Email them to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you.