UPDATE: If you’re interested in becoming a You Matter blogger, we’ve got great news – We’ve extended the deadline to apply! Applications are now open until Dec. 18, 2015.
It’s that time again! We’re looking for people who have a unique and compassionate voice to be a part of the Spring 2016 You Matter Blogger Council.
If you’re between 13-24 and are passionate about suicide prevention and mental health, we want you to apply. You’ll write one post each week from January to May. Plus, you’ll have the chance to interact with our community and will participate in monthly video chat with your fellow You Matter Blogger Council members. Did we mention that this is an excellent resume booster for future college and job applications?!
To apply, please answer the following questions in a word document and e-mail it to [email protected] Make the subject line “You Matter Blogger Application.” You’ll also need to include a sample post of 300-500 words that shows off your voice and writing style.
- What is your name?
- What state are you from? If you’re currently living in another state for school, tell us that too. (As much as we love our international readers, since the Lifeline is funded by the U.S. government, we need our bloggers to live in the U.S.)
- How old are you?
- What’s your e-mail address and phone number?
- If you’re under 18, what’s your parent or guardians’ contact info?
- Why would you be a great You Matter blogger?
- What you are doing with your life right now? Are you in school, working, volunteering, generally being awesome, etc?
- What topic(s) would you most like to write about on the blog?
- How did you hear about You Matter?
- Please submit a sample post of 300-500 words that shows off your voice and writing style.